Find your place in a fast paced environment!
Come join us and see why we come to work everyday knowing we are creating web solutions for everyone.
Geekbears is a Web and Mobile Development Company based in San Francisco with offices in Mexico City. Founded in 2015 by UC Berkeley Engineers, Geekbears has grown to a solid team of 12+ Software Engineers and UI/UX Designers. We have been ranked as one of the Top 10 Mobile Development Companies in San Francisco by Expertise.com. Our clients include Fortune 500 Companies, Academy Award Nominees, and educational institutions, such as UC Berkeley.
We are looking for a talented UX Designer to create amazing user experiences for our client’s web products. You will work with our UX/UI and Development teams to come up with research deliverables, prototypes, and wireframes for our clients. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UX skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts that can be transformed into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
- Discounts Membership in establishments
- Work remotely 1-2 times per week (During the contingency, work remotely all the time)
- 1.5 X more Vacation Days than required by law
- Lunch (for Office Days)
- Possibility to travel to San Francisco, California to our HQ
- Develop customized WordPress websites and train clients on how to manage site content within WordPress
- Develop web applications to display on a client’s website which integrate with web services/APIs to push and pull data as needed
- Develop WordPress plugins for clients
- Work closely with back-end developers to connect back-end architecture with front-end code
- Internal and external collaboration with business analysts, UI/UX designers, and IT teams
- Assist clients to implement solutions delivered by our team
- Troubleshoot support tickets associated with solutions developed
- Solid UX experience and familiarity with the different UI practices
- High Professional Proficiency in English (no exceptions)
- A strong sense of empathy, this allows you to always keep the user in mind
- Ability to provide constructive feedback and justify decisions to clients
- Experience with, Figma, Adobe XD or similar design software
- Current BA of Design or UX related majors (media studies, art, etc.)
- Have studied/worked abroad and experience interacting with foreign stakeholders
- Strong concept development, product envisioning, and presentation skills
- Ability to identify and solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Demonstrable UI/UX design skills with a strong portfolio