Geekbears is a boutique web and mobile development agency based in Silicon Valley. We specialize in building web and mobile apps for ambitious entrepreneurs disrupting an industry. We have assembled an agile team of software engineers and designers to help fellow entrepreneurs fulfill their visions.
Our motto, Dream. Design. Develop. was inspired by our founder and CEO Marcos Mena-Brena’s own experience starting a company from the ground up.
Geekbears was born out of this ambition, and with a roster of top talent, we have brought more than 70 client projects to life since our 2015 inception, including startups emerging from the Haas School of Business and Harvard Business School. From engineering and design to digital marketing, we provide our clients with the tools to grow and succeed.
We are looking for a talented UI/UX Designer to create amazing user experiences for our client’s web products. You will work with our development team to come up with prototypes, designs, wireframes for our clients. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UI skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
- Create mockups and wireframes
- Conduct user tests, research and evaluate user feedback
- Discuss with our clients/partners based in the U.S. in English
- Collaborate with Software Engineers and Project Managers to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals, and experience
- Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Gathering requirements for clients’ web and mobile products
- Solid UI/UX experience and knowledge
- High Proficiency in English
- Ability to provide constructive feedback and justify decisions to clients
- Exposure to Adobe, Sketch, Figma or similar design software
- Current BA of graphic design related majors (media studies, art, etc.)
- Strong concept development, product envisioning, and presentation skills
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Demonstrable UI/UX design skills with a strong portfolio
- Remote work 3 out of 5 days a week (home office)
- Flexible schedule on Fridays
- Flexible schedule on some other days
- Vacations: 25% more than what the law mentions (Paid Time Off)
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to travel to our San Francisco Office
- Law benefits
- Discounts Membership in establishments
- Major Medical Expenses
- Lunch included in office days
Location: Mexico City