We gathered at Geekbears an initial list of requirements and key features based on research and interviews with schools, students and educational professionals to ensure that the users would have access to the tools they needed. From there, we designed the user interface, user experience, and developed the application from scratch.
SchooLinks is a web app that connects international students with thousands of potential schools. It was listed in the Top 50 Startups to Watch and was a winner of 50 on Fire in 2017. SchooLinks raised over $10 million (USD) in funding and attracted thousands of paying customers.
User research is the phase in which we start planning the project and do the research of all the information in order to make a vast analysis, synthesis and to create insights to solve the user’s needs. This is how we can provide optimal results that allow our customers make important business decisions and give them the confidence they need.
Education Level: High School
Interests: Traveling, Learning new cultures, Education, Technology
- Samantha is tech-savvy and is looking for a web app that can help her connect with universities that offer programs for international students.
- She is looking for a platform that can provide her with all the necessary information about different universities and their programs, as well as scholarships and financial aid options.
- Wants to study abroad to improve her language skills and gain an international perspective on her field of study, which is business administration
- Looking for a reliable and comprehensive source of information about universities and colleges around the world
- Wants to find a school that offers scholarships or financial aid to international students
- Seeks a platform that allows her to connect with other students who are also planning to study abroad
- Samantha faces the challenge of not having enough information about universities in other countries.
- She would like to have access to a platform that can provide her with all the necessary information she needs to make an informed decision about which universities to apply to.
- She also faces financial challenges, as studying abroad can be expensive.
- Family and friends who have studied abroad or have experience with the education system in the United States
- Online forums and blogs where international students share their experiences and provide advice
- Social media influencers who provide insights into the student life and culture in the United States
- Open-minded and curious about new experiences and cultures
- Ambitious and goal-oriented, seeking the best educational opportunities
- Social and outgoing, looking to connect with others and form new friendships.
- Samantha primarily uses her smartphone to browse the internet and access social media apps.
User Flow reflects user’s progress from the launch of the application to the discovery of all functionalities in the app and doing some actions.
The Final Design
Web & Mobile Screens
Book Your First Consultation Meeting Now
Book your free 30-min consultation to learn how
we can help your business unlock its potential by launching a web or mobile app.